Saturday, May 30, 2015

Ribbon Organization, What?

I know a little crazy right? Who has time for that? Some how I accumulated a ton of ribbon. I am 
not a huge crafter but I do some occasional crafting. I recently accumulated a ton of ribbon. I was helping a friend of mine decorate for her daughter's graduation party and had bought way too much royal blue and yellow ribbon. Plus after we cleaned up the party we couldn't throw away the ribbon we used for decoration now could we? Yeah and what was I going to do with bright yellow and royal blue ribbon......I don't know? Why do we save random things sometimes?

So, while putting away all that ribbon, my ribbon box was overflowing. I could make another box for ribbon..........No wait absolutely not!! I already committed myself to keeping craft storage to a minimum so I wanted the amount of ribbon I had to fit in this one box.

All my ribbon was all jumbled up because I had so much, plus I always save the ribbon you get from things you buy like set of pillows are wrapped in ribbon etc...

So time to organize.  So I wrapped the loose ribbon around some clothes pins and organized them that way. Not my idea I saw this on Pinterest.... I think? Also I had unintentionally saved the cardboard spools the ribbon that they came in so I wrapped the blue and yellow ribbon around that also. 

Pretty organized now, and I can see what I have etc...  I am still committed to only keeping the amount a ribbon that will fit in this box, so if it grows again I might have to donate some..............YA THINK? Anybody need some yellow and blue ribbon?





No comments:

Post a Comment